Thursday, August 9, 2012

Synergy

So the day that I decide to make a 'Lined Paper' Tee is the day that I see a Linky Party about Teacher Fashion.  I don't believe in coincidence, so call it anything but that. 
1. Tell me your favorite store(s) that you like to get your "teacher's fashion".
I love Old Navy for basics (my favorite khakis come from there), and I browse the Target clearance racks pretty much weekly.  Beyond that, I love Torrid for super cute "Wow" pieces in larger sizes.
2. What are some of your favorite accessories?
I'm not huge on accessorizing, maybe a long necklace and my watch.  I do, however, end up with a lot of things hanging from my lanyard - a funky pen, a ring from the top of a birthday cupcake, a beaded bracelet that can only fit on someone smaller than 4 ft tall.  As far as bags go, I LOVE the cheerful, bright prints on Lily Bloom bags.  My last 3 purses as well as my big "Teacher Bag" have all been by that company.
3. What type of shoes do you teach in? (i.e. heels, flats, wedges, etc.)
I'm all about flats.  I keep thinking I'll be brave enough to try a whole day in wedges, but I have yet to do it.
4. Do you have a "go-to" item in your closet? (i.e. sweater you wear weekly, shoes you wear daily, etc.)
Target has these "Boyfriend V-Neck" tees with the little pockets and "Long & Lean" ribbed tank tops - I own about 7 different colors of each, and when I can't figure out what to wear I make some combination of the two of them.  The tees fit nicely in the morning, but by the end of the day that V dips pretty low, so a tank underneath is necessary for me.
5. Have you ever had a fashion "uh-oh" at school? (i.e. heel broke, button popped off of blouse)
During student teaching, I realized halfway through our Valentine's Day party (at which several parents were present) that my tattoo (a simple shooting star) on the back of my left shoulder was completely visible, thanks to the type of shirt I was wearing and the fact that my hair was up in a ponytail.  If anyone else noticed, they didn't comment.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks so much for linking up! I have never heard of Lily Bloom... I will definitely have to look them up on the internet because I am loving that bag!

    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't know if there's a website, I've tried very hard to find one and have failed. However, I've seen the bags at Belk and all of mine came from TJ Maxx. I have one on layaway there for Tax-Free Weekend =)

      Delete