Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Technology Tuesday


Well this one is a little harder - I don't have a lot of tips, technology-wise, because I'm new to so much of this.  I can't give any help on making your blog look nice because I just use the editor tool in Blogger.  I've only made a few things for Teachers Pay Teachers, and I do them all using MS Paint and Power Point, turning them into PDFs.  I get my free fonts off of Pinterest.   I suppose I could just tell you about some of my favorite scholastic-related websites.

If you don't know about WorldCat, let me introduce you.  WorldCat is an online library catalog that can help you find what library in your area has a particular book.  School district libraries are not included, but city and college libraries are.  Often times, teachers are eligible for a TexShare card that allows you to check out books from many of these libraries.  Talk to your local librarian about the card.

I. LOVE. LOGIC PUZZLES.  I got hooked on them in Eureka (that was our elementary school G/T program), and this website has some great ones.  I think I've done almost all of them, and some of them are easy enough for 4th and 5th graders.

Came across these lit-circle extensions projects while looking up something for a Language Arts class.  I really like a lot of them, especially the "Jackdaw", I think it could be a really neat, abstract group project. 

I was trying to get more into writing on my personal blog, and I turned to these creative writing prompts.  I'm actually pretty proud of the story I wrote from prompt #4.  They're not all winners, but there are some good ones.  I really want my students to try the ones where you have include certain words (like prompt #11).

1 comment :

  1. Hey Wendy! I found your blog on the Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower! IF you are looking for some more tech tips hop over to my blog and check it out Sent From My iPad.

    ReplyDelete