Sunday, May 5, 2013

A quick update and a TPT sale!

My apologies, dear readers, for I have neglected you.  Trouble is, it's hard to write when nothing noteworthy seems to be going on.  I've been to 2 job fairs, filled out several applications (2 regional apps that go to lots of districts, plus 4-5 individual district apps).  I've talked to 2 principals here in the district I want about open positions, and heard back from one (the position was filled with a transfer, but they'll keep me in mind if something else opens up).  It feels like things are happening reeeeeeallllllly slooooooooowllyyyy, but when you think about it, in 3 months or less I could be here telling you about my new job at a school, what grade I'll be teaching, what products from Teachers Pay Teachers I've been buying, and taking you on a photographic journey through my very first classroom.

I've been thinking about first day bulletin boards and my students names - I love the idea of posting their name, what the name means, and a word that can be made using all or some of the letters of their name.  There are, of course, problems with this - names with religious meanings could step on toes, names could be made-up and therefore have no established meaning.  Names could be tiny and unable to be made into an anagram, like Ian or Beth.  But somehow, someway, I want to incorporate names into my beginning of the year activities.

Anywho, the real reason for this update is for me to promote the last TpT sale of the school year.  Like their previous sales, you get a ten percent discount off all products.  If a seller reduces their prices to the maximum percent off of 20, then you're getting a total of 28% savings on a product.  For every dollar a product is normally priced, you're only paying $.72!  So head on over and check out some of my items.  The sale is on May 7 and 8th!

-I made Zoo Passports for the Ft. Worth Zoo after being inspired by another blog and a trip to that zoo with all the kindergarten classes I've been subbing for so much this semester.  The passports come in lower and upper grade varieties, to engage kids and get them excited about seeing lots of different animals.

-While thinking about vowel sounds and vowel or consonant digraphs, I made some "Write The Room" worksheets that focus on these.  I think they'd be great in a Daily 5 center.

-I fixed my classroom coupons product - trouble was that if you printed it off as a Power Point, you had the option of making it with multiple slides on a page, but you can't do that with a PDF.  So, I shrunk everything down to 4 coupons on one page, made THAT the PDF, and now they are more "coupon" and less "certificate" sized.

So go, buy those end of the year products, or get a head start on next year, and then come back and tell me what you bought - I'm always looking for suggestions for quality products!

No comments :

Post a Comment