Thursday, July 4, 2013

Finally On Time

 



Ah, hubris.  Icarus flew too close to the sun.  I tried so hard to be on time this week, I even wrote (and titled) this post ahead of time, but it was not so.  Maybe next week?  In any case, I won't be so hasty to say I'm going to get it in on the right day.

1.  One of those "If I had a million classroom dollars this is what I'd buy" ideas - iPod shuffles with audiobooks loaded to circumvent the issues that arise with books on tape/CD.  They're color matched to the book buckets so you know what goes with where.

2. My Favorite Book wall - artwork and a summary with your picture to look like you're reading.

3. You will Love this Book for class reviews

4. Word of the Day.

5. Book Report Pumpkins

6. Environmental Print

7. Synonym Buns (you know how much I love anything from The Phantom Tollbooth)

8. Reading with Expression - try out different voices

9. Battle of the Kids Books - maybe with March Madness?

10. Let's Play Library - works on alphabetizing and helps my students keep classroom books neat and tidy.

1 comment :

  1. I love the Lets Play Library idea, such a great real world connection for a necessary skill. Thank you so much for sharing.

    Stephanie
    PolkaDotPalace

    ReplyDelete