Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Announcement

Wow, my followers have hit the double digits.  That feels pretty nice.  Hope you guys don't feel let down, but I must warn you that this post is probably going to have to last you a month.  Why, you ask?  Because I've got a long-term sub job!

Here's the skinny: For 30 days (starting this past Friday), I am going to be a (very busy, tired) aide between two classrooms.  My primary focus will be on 3 boys - 2 in one class, 1 in the other - who need some extra help.  However, I am given to understand that I am to be assisting with both classes as wholes while in the room.  Did I mention these are Kindergarten classes?  Start praying for me now!

What will happen when the 30 days is up?  I'm not sure.  It could be that these kids will require an aide all year.  It could be that they want that aide to be moi.  I'm trying really hard to approach this with a "one-day-at-a-time" mentality, which has NEVER been a strong suit of mine.  I. plan. everything.

What I am sure of is that this is a very strong foot in the door at a school that I love, in my first choice district.  For that, I am thankful.  Meanwhile, I've got to get on to the library webpage and cancel some book requests, because I'm thinking I'm not going to have time to read until October.

Sorry for such a short post, but know that once I've hit my stride or found my groove or any other cliche phrase that mean I am now used to my new schedule, I will post more about how it has been going.  Meanwhile, if you know of any great websites or blogs that can give me tips, activities, or a helpful perspective on SpEd at such a young age, I would be so very thankful!  Leave 'em in the
comments and I'll check them out ASAP.

Welcome back to school, everyone!

No comments :

Post a Comment